Sunday 3 July 2011

The Skirball


As you may have guessed, I am a bit of a museum junkie. I love taking the boys to museums, because I love going to museums. Thus, it is shocking to me that I had often driven past but never been to the Skirball. It is just up the block from the Getty, which we visit often. This summer the Skirball has a special exhibition on Houdini, and my mom clipped the ad out of the paper to remind us to go. Happily, we inadvertently planned our trip for Thursday, which is also the free day for both the regular museum and the kids area.

The kids area has a Noah's Ark theme, and it was so amazing. There were five separate areas with different ark-themed activities including a craft room and a climbing area. There weren't many things specifically designed for infants, but Nic still had a good time. I think Tommy will have an even better time next time we go back, and the Ark is probably ideal for kids who are 4 to 6.

The Houdini exhibit was fascinating, and the boys managed to sleep towards the end, thus giving us a chance to really enjoy it.

I can't wait to go back and see some of the permanent exhibits, but that will have to wait for another trip.





No comments: