Monday 21 March 2011

Safe and Sound

I made it! I arrived at the guest house a few hours ago, and got settled in. My room this week is very nice, and I have a feeling it will be quite a change of pace when I move to a more bare bones room next week (I have AC right now- talk about the lap of luxury).

The long trip was blessedly uneventful. I could feel your prayers- thank you all. I felt enveloped in God's protection. While I won't describe the trip as comfortable, because economy class for 13 hour stretches can never be described in such glowing terms, I was at peace the entire ride.

Not only did my flights go smoothly, but I even had someone offer to help me with my bags at each stop, and a very nice American that I knew I could trust to walk me through everything at my destination airport (the airport I was worried about), and I was able to arrange this with him before the last leg of our flight-so I spent no time even worrying about it.

On top of that, the woman at the international ticket counter was going to check my carry-on (and charge me for it), but then changed her mind and allowed me to keep it. I was amazed, because I had heard that this airline was particularly strict with screening carry-ons at check-in and at the gate. Was it a coincidence that the same woman who screened (and allowed) my carry-on even though it totally broke the rules also was also the person checking us in at the gate (who looked the other way again when I walked passed)? I think not.

Tomorrow I meet Mtoto. I am very excited, but a little nervous about how he will react to me. I am praying for a smooth transition for both of us.

5 comments:

Joline said...

Yeah! I can't believe you are meeting your son tomorrow!!!!!! My heart is beating so fast . . .

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Also praying. What an exciting time!

Unknown said...

I cannot wait to hear more about Mtoto! We are so excited for you guys and are so glad to hear that the trip has been smooth and you've been guided and protected so far.

Judy said...

So awesome! Hey, you're getting to be a regular pro at this long-distance adoption thing! ;)

SisterHaiti said...

It seems like just yesterday I was following this blog and your journey to Tommy! How fun to follow your journey again. Can't wait to hear all about your first meeting with your sweet boy. Big hugs and love!