Friday 24 April 2009

Still Waiting...

I thought I would post a quick adoption update. There are no real updates. I feel confident that our agency is making sure that we are on Isaac's mind, and that they are prodding him to gather the necessary paperwork as quickly as possible.

My frustration is that we were told in mid-March that he had located a baby for us, and that he would be gathering the paperwork for us to travel in April. Obviously, this has not happened, nor will it happen. At this point I am just hoping the paperwork will be here before the end of April.

As much as we have tried not to attach to the idea of this baby, it hasn't worked very well. Typically, we wouldn't have been notified that Isaac had selected a specific baby for us until the paperwork had been finished, but due to some circumstances beyond our control Isaac needed to reassure himself of our continued interest, and the information ended up being passed to us. Information I didn't want. Information I now wish I didn't have. Information that is making my life much harder.

My biggest fear is that the baby he is gathering paperwork on will not work out. Now that there is a living, breathing baby with "our name on it," I am once again facing the possibility that some bad could happen to "our" baby. Up until this point our international adoption process has not brought up loss issues for us. That was nice. But since we got that phone call a month ago, our adoption has grown more real. And in our reality babies die.

Please pray that Isaac would have an easy time finishing the paperwork gathering. He needs: medical information (including an AIDS test), a birth certificate, and an orphan declaration. Pray that he places this work at the top of his list, and that the bureaucracies he must deal with will work speedily. I just don't think I can take another month of this.

Pray for us as we continue to live in uncertainty. We are adjusting, and God has been providing some much needed stability in other aspects of our lives, for which we are very thankful.

No comments: