Wednesday 22 July 2009

Good Luck


A little passed nine Isaac waved us towards the door of the Judge's chambers. His Lordship sat at his desk perusing a circular from Game (sort of like Costco). He glanced up at us as we walked in.

"Good Morning Your Lordship."

He gestured for us to sit. I perched on the edge of the couch, bouncing Tommy on my knee. He wanted down. I set him down and he lunged towards my mom, babbling loudly. His giggles drowned out the sounds of the proceedings. Isaac began the introductions, something about the case of Anthony Oklomugisha, he said Jeff's name, then mine. He spoke into a microphone/recorder, but so softly I could hardly hear.

The Judge turned the page. He was looking at power tools. He glanced up at Isaac.

"I accept your request. Good Luck."

Isaac turned to me and smiled.

We thanked him and began to walk out. I turned back, my eyes filling with tears as I held onto my son.

"Thank you," I mouthed. He looked at me, really looked at me, and nodded.

We are officially Tommy's legal guardians, and can get his passport and visa. Pray that these next steps will go quickly. We miss Jeff and want our family to be together.

ps- We found out that Tommy's African name was spelled wrong on the documents we received. It is actually Owomugisha.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God! We have been praying and praying for this!

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! Tommy is right where he belongs! Congrats!!!

Joline said...

Harper and I are loving looking at these photos! I realize all of you will need an adjustment period before everyone flocks over, but we would like to come for a visit when the time is right.

We'll takke our cue from you guys!

Erin said...

Congratulations!! We are SO happy for you! I can't wait to meet Tommy in person. He's a cutie!

Heather said...

YAY! I feel like celebrating! I love the picture of you holding YOUR SON!

Gretchen said...

Congratulations!!! He is sooo cute!! Great news. =0)

thecurryseven said...

What wonderful news. Congratulations!! Tommy is absolutely adorable

Stacie said...

I've just found your blog and have enjoyed reading your journey. We too are adopting from Uganda through Holt International. We are hoping to travel the end of Aug early Sept after the courts open again.

KatieL said...

He's so handsome and the fact that he giggled should have told the judge everything he needed to know. Tommy has found a family!

Unknown said...

Praise God!! I have been thinking about you this week & praying that God would grant you this blessing. Many congratulations on the adoption of your son! I'll continue to pray the rest of the process goes smoothly and that the three of you can be together soon. Love to you, Jeff, and Tommy!