Thursday 15 January 2009

Back on Track

DCFS has approved our paperwork! Now USCIS (Citizenship and Immigration Services) has everything they need. We hope to receive a letter from them in mid to late February approving us for an orphan's visa (although I always like to hope that it might happen sooner). I also got my new passport this week, so once the visa letter comes our dossier will be finished. Then we will have all of our paperwork authenticated before sending it to Uganda.

We are excited that things are moving once again. Of course we are still waiting on more paperwork, but that is to be expected. The only thing we have to work on right now is grant applications. We are so tired of both extensive paperwork and exposing our entire lives to strangers, but it has to be done. Hopefully we will get good results!

Please pray that USCIS would process our application quickly, that we would trust in God's timing and have patience (this is getting easier), and that our baby would receive good care in his/her orphanage.

I am back in Illinois after an extended Christmas break. It is miserable here. The high today is below zero. I am staying inside, and hoping that my confinement will serve to motivate me to get some work done.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad everything is on track again. I'm praying for you and your baby.

Unknown said...

So glad things are falling into place!