Friday 22 July 2011

Inches From the Finish Line

We are almost, almost, almost done with Tommy's adoption paperwork. Wednesday we traveled into the city (yes, twice in one week, completely horrible) to visit USCIS and pick up Tommy's certificate of citizenship. Now the only thing I have left to do is go to Social Security and have Tommy's SS number updated so that he can get a job. Since I don't anticipate anyone officially hiring him anytime soon...or for the next twelve years or so, I will do this after we get Nic's judgement so I can get his card at the same time.

On a side note, let me just say that I was highly disappointed by the certificate of citizenship. Considering how much we paid for that piece of paper I thought it would be much classier, or at least have some awesome holograms or something. Instead it looks like one of those "good job" certificates you can print from your computer using a create-a-card program, except it has a gold seal and says "citizen" instead of "job well done." Seriously, I am embarrassed that this certificate is the best my country can do for newly minted citizens who shell out hundreds of dollars (I think it's up to 7 now) for proof of their status. I wish I could scan it in to show it to you, but I'm pretty sure that you could just take the jpg and counterfeit the certificate with your home printer, because it is that pathetic and terrible looking, and I don't want anyone hijacking Tommy's ID.

Instead, here are some pictures of our favorite American citizen (yes, I can say this because Nic is not a citizen yet):

Keeping cool at the splash park

Getting ready to go out

July 4th petting zoo look of terror

No comments: