Thursday, 27 September 2012

Update on Mary: Time for a Port

Mom started up another three week round of chemo today. With her first day came some unpleasant news: her veins are not holding up well to the chemotherapy and in order to continue receiving her chemo she needs to get a port put in. It is a minor out-patient surgical procedure, but it's one more thing to worry about. Once the port is in place it will make her chemo appointments a little easier, since they will no longer have to search and poke and prod looking for a usable vein.

Please pray that she can get her port put in asap, before her chemo appointment next Thursday. She has a trip scheduled on her off week this month, and we really don't want her chemo to be pushed off next week.

In much better news, her CA-19 count is down again to 161, so her chemo treatments are still working!

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers and support. I haven't been updating as much because there hasn't been anything new lately. I will always be posting when things change or if new issues come up. I will post the info for mom's port insertion surgery when we get that finalized because we would love your prayers for that procedure.

Mom sent me some pictures from our trip earlier this year. They are a few months out of date, but better than nothing, right?

Here's one of Mom at the base of Yosemite Falls. Not bad, eh?

1 comment:

Tom said...

Where is Nic? Is he taking the picture?