Sunday 15 April 2012

Happy Birthday Tommy!

Today we had a small family party for Tommy. Small for us is about thirty or so people...so it was a mad house. I was not as organized as I would have liked, but thankfully I was rescued by a number of helping hands. I destroyed the cake that Tommy helped me bake as I was attempting to frost it. It was a sad moment for me, because I really wanted to salvage it and serve a homemade cake, but with one hour left before the party I had to give up and admit that it was beyond repair and send Dad down to the store for some cupcakes. Sometimes you just have to give up and do things like that.

The party had a rough start for Tommy. He got intimidated by the crowd and did not want to come downstairs. Uncle Kevin saved the day by offering to "hide" Tommy on his back and take him straight to the bounce house. Once he started playing things improved and things went smoothly from then on... or at least close to smoothly...

Some highlights:








No comments: