Sunday 18 December 2011

Thinking About Jesus

Since Tommy's nap times lately have been sporadic, to say the least, which means we have been working on establishing "quiet times" instead. Some days these have gone great, and others days they have been difficult. We have had a few days where he takes to them very well, and my favorite thing that he has asks to do (instead of laying in his bed) is to study the bible study. It goes something like this:

Me: Tommy, can you please go lay quietly in your bed?
T: But mom, I need to stay up and read my bible and do my BSF. It's time for me to sit and think about Jesus.

Now, I realize this is a stall tactic, but it is an awfully cute one. So I let him get out a bible (he insists on using the big kind like Jeff and I use), I give him my BSF take home pages, and he sits and "reads" the bible, "answers questions," and "takes notes" on the BSF sheets. This all has to be done with a regular pen, not crayons, in order to be authentic.

So, in case you were wondering if your young kids notice that you spend time reading your bible...apparently they do.


No comments: