Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Still Up in the Air

I've started to get more questions about our adoption decision, and unfortunately, still don't have a great answer. There are a few reasons for that. For one, I hate risk when it involves money or my feelings. Adoption is obviously all wrong for someone who hates risk, since it is all risk all the time. The only thing that got me through our last adoption was an incredible (considering how much I researched adoption) obliviousness to how much could go wrong. Now I know too much, not just about the risk of countries shutting down, or judges saying no, or losing all of your money, but also of the many vile things that sometimes happen to make adoption happen- and things can get quite ugly. There are certain activities that I don't want my family tainted by, which means we have to be extra careful as we move forward.

Now is the time for us to make another leap of faith- choose a program, a country, and so forth, that will lead us (hopefully) to our next child. But, it seems like every time we get close to choosing a direction something changes in the big picture, and we begin to question our almost-decision.

I thought adoption number two would be so much easier. I was so wrong.

Without going into too much detail, we are seriously considering two different options. We have applied to a program, but have not heard back from this program yet. We also are making some important phone calls this week looking into another direction, but there appear to be some serious roadblocks. Icky roadblocks. The kind I don't want to get involved in. So, we are praying for clarity, and wisdom. Pray with us if you would.

3 comments:

Jim and April said...

praying for wisdom for you!

Haley Ballast said...

privileged to pray with you.

Katie said...

Let us know how things are going! We're praying for you!