Friday 14 June 2013

Transitions

Both of my big boys have had some big milestones this month.

First, Nic had his last speech therapy session through Early Intervention. He has "aged out" of the system and will continue with our new school district. We had his IEP meeting and I was please with the plan that our current district provided, and now we are hoping that the new district will fully implement it. Even though I like the new plan, I am ridiculously sad that he is ending EI, because he adores his speech therapist. On days that she visited he spent all morning checking out the window for her, and on days she wasn't visiting Nic would badger me for information about when she was coming. He made tremendous progress with her help. We are so grateful for all the hard work she did with Nic.


Tommy has graduated from preschool and will be moving on to Kindergarten in the Fall. He is sorry to leave his friends and his beloved teachers, but I'm sure he will be making plenty of new friends at his new school. He is certainly ready for some new challenges, and I'm really excited about his new school. He took some pictures on his last day, and he has this new pose-thing going on, it's pretty cute, and no, I have no idea where he got it from:




No comments: