Friday 14 October 2011

More Love

I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again: traveling with a large group of families to Congo made a huge impact on us. There were many things about the trip that were less than uplifting and enjoyable. The fellowship around the scabies carpet kept my head above water, and I am so thankful for it. One of the amazing families we traveled with has already begun yet another adoption (I think they are very brave). I always love to hear stories about how God has worked in people's lives to lead them to adoption, and I think that Brian and Carrie's story is especially interesting because they once were a couple that never wanted to have children - they now have FOUR at home and more on the way. It turns out that God had another little surprise in store for them, and what they thought would be one more daughter turned out to be twin daughters. That means double the fun, but also almost double the expense.

They have created a fund-raising t-shirt that has a broad appeal - I don't think you have to be an adoptive parent to resonate with the quote they chose:

"I have found the paradox that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love."
--Mother Teresa

Their fund-raising store also features African note-cards and key chains. Check it out here, and don't forget that Christmas is just around the corner.

No comments: