Wednesday 9 June 2010

Tommy Antics

Just a run down of some cute Tommy stuff:

We have been working on being polite, and asking him to say "excuse me" when he burps or toots. We have also been working on expressing emotions instead of hitting or scratching. Recently, after an noisy toot, I prompted, "Tommy, what do you say?" His response: "I'm mad."

We were up in the middle of the night recently, and we lay down on the couch so he could calm down a little. He put his head against my chest and was quiet for at least five minutes. I thought he was asleep. All of a sudden he sat up, looked at me, and loudly said "Rock 'N Roll," then put his head back down to sleep.

He got a new (to him) place mat featuring a picture of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (not the cartoon, it is one of those souvenir place mats from Disneyworld- yay garage sales). His immediate reaction: "Like it."

Now, that particular place mat is referred to as "Like it."

Nice, because more often I hear "No like it."

He recently got a t-ball set, and he loves to hit the ball. However, he is a little particular about the placement of the t, and after every hit has to readjust it in an attempt to get it straight- which is never going to happen on our grass. It is really fun to watch him try so hard though!

He is obsessed with eating "cereal and milk" and has started asking for it at every meal. He is sorely disappointed by my response two out of three times a day.

And now, some Tommy cuteness, illustrated:

Ready for work, just like Daddy

Sunday afternoon nap

A real American

Daddy, fix it

4 comments:

mary said...

We love Tommy cuteness. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Heather said...

"I'm mad" -- great answer, Tommy! That was too funny.

Trixie, Lily, and Sammy-Joe said...

Little kids say such funny things! I wonder what he was thinking about when he suddenly blurted out, "Rock n roll!"

sara said...

too precious...all of it!!