Friday, 1 March 2013

Update on Mary: A Glimmer of HOPE

Mom and Dad just got back from their appointment with the radiologist. And we may have some good news...

there is about an 80% chance that my mom will be able to undergo a specialized form of radiation that might get rid of her tumor entirely. Go ahead and read that sentence again.

This doctor thinks there is a chance mom could beat this.

We are rejoicing.

This is still a long shot, but it's a chance. It's hope.

We needed some hope so badly.

Please pray for wisdom for my parents as they discuss the timing of this therapy. It is going to be brutal (but worth it).

Also, this is a one-shot thing. You don't get a redo on radiation. So, they want to make sure that they do it at the best possible time.

Please pray that my mom and dad would have clarity with their decision making process.

Pray for a quick appointment to get the necessary additional testing started.

Please pray that further testing will reveal that mom is indeed a candidate for undergoing radiation.

Pray that insurance will APPROVE this treatment.

Praise God for hope, and for this new doctor.

Mom has had low white counts lately (she had to skip chemo this week) and has not been feeling well. Please pray for healing and strength.

Thank you for your continued prayers. We will need them even more than ever if this goes forward. We appreciate your love and support so much.

No comments: