Monday, 24 February 2014

Update on Mary: Chemo Postponed

Mom was supposed to begin another round of chemo today. Her blood counts weren't perfect, but they would have allowed her to get chemo. However, they did some other tests and found that she is having a digestive problem that requires further explorationexploration. They are scheduling her for an upper and lower GI, so she will postpone chemo until after this procedure, unless it takes weeks to get scheduled, in which case she will have chemo tomorrow.

Mom is in a great deal of pain. She is not having intense pain from the tumor area anymore, but she is having extreme pain in her stomach and intestines and is having difficulty eating. She is doing better than she was a month ago as she is eating slightly more, but she continues to rapidly loose weight and her body is just not digesting the food she eats properly.

Please pray for her pain to decrease. The pain is just wiping her out. Also, pray for strength and peace for Mom and Dad (and the rest of us) as she undergoes testing and wisdom for any decision that need to be made based on the results of the tests. Please pray that the tests can be scheduled sooner rather than later, so that if something can be done to alleviate her suffering it can be done soon.

Thank you all for your ongoing prayers! They mean so much to us.

No comments: